So I was nominated by crystalamay for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thanks so much! I’m still a fairly new blog here so anything I can do to get on the map and get more readers is greatly appreciated. I think everyone already knows I’m autistic and a tattoo junkie so I won’t mention those, but I’ll mention some other facts that might be lesser-known to my readers. Without further ado, here are my 7 facts about myself:
1. Vital Stats: My A/S/L is M/29/US. I live in a little community just outside of Abilene, Texas USA. By day I am a design engineer but by night I run a part-time clock and watch repair business. I am single and and have no children and I love it. I have no desire to ever have a mate or children.
2. I hate, hate, HATE baggy long men’s “shorts” with a passion. Like what’s the point? There’s practically no ventilation. You might as well just wear long pants. Nah, it’s short shorts for me all the way. It is kind of hard to source them, but I manage – importing from Australia/NZ, finding well-fitting women’s shorts and custom tailors. I’ve also been known to hack up worn-out jeans though since I am a guy I doubt “Daisy Dukes” is an appropriate term – perhaps someone can suggest a male equivalent?
3. I am an atheist but a spiritual atheist. I elaborated some on my religious views in a previous blog post.
4. I am a total music junkie. Like really. It’s my favorite outlet. I both listen/appreciate and play music. I play guitar and bagpipe (weird combo I know) and do English style bell ringing (or “change ringing” if you will). I also like to sing even though I’m not the best at it (I can carry a tune reasonably well but I don’t think I have a very pretty voice – though my friends all tell me I sing just fine). I have a wide variety of musical tastes that run the entire spectrum. Some of my favorite bands/artists in the present time include Tears for Fears, Dire Straits, Katy Perry, The Dubliners, Red Hot Chilli Pipers (yes, pipers – a bagpipe rock band that does bagpipe covers of classic rock hits), Fleetwood Mac, ABBA, Foreigner, Hal Ketchum, Johnny Cash, The Cars, Loudon Wainwright III, etc. etc. etc.!
5. I am a slight bit of an athlete though I haven’t always been. I enjoy running races and playing golf and bowling. I absolutely suck at golf but I enjoy it anyway, but I am a pretty damn good bowler.
6. Other than music and my athletic ventures my favorite hobbies include smoking cigars (yes, I consider it more of a hobby than an addiction), microbrew beer, Single-malt Scotch, watercolor painting.
7. I am a total foodie. Like really. I love all different ethnicities and styles. My absolute favorite food is sushi and I am a total chili head – I enjoy my food mouth-burningly hot. I even like hot and spicy desserts.
So there you are. Now you know a little bit more about me, who I am and what I like. As far as who I’d like to nominate, I’m going to choose some of my new followers and followees as to get to know them better, as well as some of my older ones who really got me started on my journey:
3. Anjali Soni
6. Reema Nanda
8. Her Headache
10. Jhalli Patakha
13. Rachel McKee
15. mishie1 (Yes – I know you just completed the last one, but you’re still my best blogging pal!)